Join the Queensland branch for their winter series on equality.
Increasing inequality of income and wealth is dividing many modern societies and poses a threat to the global economy. Australia is no exception with a concerning long-term trend of growing inequality.
Inequality is dividing our nation and threatening the wellbeing of our communities and the longer-term stability of our economy.
Which is why the Australian Fabians is hosting a Panel Discussion and Workshop to enliven the important national debate - How can each and everyone of us advocate for equality.
Our workshops will be held across most capital city's and other major centres and will form part of our next National Essay - Addressing equality in Australia.
Your Queensland event will happen in 2 parts -
1. Panel Discussion from the following speakers:
- Linda Ford (Social Worker from Mt Isa and AASW national Board member)
- Tony Stevenson (CEO of the Mental Illness Fellowship)
- Kevin Cocks (Queensland's Anti-Discrimination Commissioner)
- Bill Marklew (CPSU Queensland Secretary)
So in short, we want to hear from you and we want to ensure that this important debate is not lost over the coming months and years.
- July 13, 2017 at 6pm – 9pm
45 Logan Rd
Woolloongabba , QLD 4102
Google map and directions
- $5.00 AUD