This workshop will use a powerful electronic meeting system (ZING) with a keyboard on each table to capture your ideas and comments in preparation for preparing a submission to the Victorian Parliamentary Enquiry into Community Energy Projects.
This enquiry is established to address the following issues and the workshop will provide an opportunity for your input on each of them:
- The potential role of co-operatives, mutual societies, social enterprises and community ownership in the energy sector;
- The benefits of community owned energy programs;
- The best ways to encourage the uptake of community energy projects;
- The ability to expand community energy projects outside of solar and wind power;
- The best practice models of other Australian and international jurisdictions for supporting community ownership options in the energy sector;
- The challenges to community energy projects in metropolitan areas; and
- Ways to support communities to surmount challenges to community owned energy in metropolitan areas.
All contributions will be taken as individual and not binding on any particular organisation or its views. No policy position will be adopted as an outcome, only as options canvassed and summarised in a submission to the Enquiry.
Places are strictly limited and registration is essential to determine the size of the venue required;
Please email your name, organisation (if any) and whether you are an Australian Fabian member or LEAN supporter or other to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible, but no later than 6th October
There is no charge for participating.