We are looking for a hard working volunteers join our National Board.
It’s an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Australian Fabians governance and assist with our future strategic directions.
We are looking for strategic thinkers with experience in leading community organisations and a strong alignment to the Australian Fabians mission and values.
The Australian Fabians is a Nation Wide organisation, and are seeking new directors, who live in Australia.
Your role as Director will be to:
- Understand the mission of our organisation and be aware of key developments
- To lead and provide advice, opinions and independent judgement to inform Board decisions
- Attend and participate in Board meetings
We are currently looking for the following positions:
National Event Officer (Volunteer)
- Developing a Nationwide event strategy that engages our membership in a discussion prevalent to meeting the aims of our organisation.
- Supporting our state branches in meeting their goals for the events they are running.
- Innovate and provide new thoughts to events or discussions that the Australian Fabians could run, or are currently running.
Young Fabian Co-Conveners (2 positions) (Volunteer)
The Australian Fabians is seeking 2 passionate young people to provide fresh thought on the ideas of tomorrow. The Young Fabians Co-Conveners will sit on the national board and be responsible for:
- Building from ground up, a nation wide structure for Young Fabians to play a impactful role in advancing the needs of young people in society.
- Ensure the Young Fabians are able to be relevant in calling for social and political change and influence political decision making and policy
- Provide direction and innovation on how the Australian Fabians can play a role in advancing the concerns of young people in our society.
National Women’s Officer (Volunteer)
The Australian Fabians is seeking a passionate member, to lead our efforts to connect more women to our movement. The national women's officer, will sit on the national board and be responsible for:
- creating a thriving network for social and political change and influence political decision making and policy
- provide new ways in which women from all backgrounds and sectors can engage in topical policy debates.
- Provide direction and innovation on how the Australian Fabians can play a role in advancing the concerns of women in our society.
Submit your Expression of interest
Send an email to [email protected] and be sure to let us know the following:
- Why you are passionate about what we do?
- What you will bring the role?
- Anything else is a bonus.