As preparation for a submission to the ALP Policy Platform review, we are planning three interactive workshops using an electronic meeting system to capture comments (Zing):
- Skills and knowledge - February 15
- Health and wellbeing - March 15
- Jobs and economy - April 19
Each workshop will run from 6.00 pm till 8.00 pm at the Multicultural Hub, 506 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne directly opposite the Victoria Market.
Colin Brooks Chair of the ALP Policy Platform review committee will open the first session and brief us on the workings of the committee.
Gabrielle Williams, Parliamentary Secretary for Health will introduce the Health and Wellbeing session, and
Shuan Leane, Parliamentary Secretary for infrastructure for the session on Jobs and Economy.
The main emphasis in these workshops will be on strategic trajectory. What sort of society will reflect these key areas in 2030 and what policy initiatives need to be in the pipeline over the next decade to ensure we get there?
The opening question in each instance will be along these lines.
Workshop One: skills and knowledge – Feb 15
- What relevant factors do we now need to consider since the skills and knowledge platform was devised in 2014?
- What skills and knowledge will likely form the basis of a fair, equitable and productive society in Australia by 2030?
- What policy directions or initiatives with regards to skills and knowledge would need to be in place in the short and medium terms to ensure that we can achieve that result into the future?
- What elements of the ALP policy platform may need to be reviewed in the light of this discussion and how?
It is essential to reserve your place so we can determine venue requirements. Please RSVP as soon as possible.
- February 15, 2017 at 6pm – 8pm
506 Elizabeth St
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Google map and directions