Dear FABIAN Members: Please see below the Notice for the National Annual General Meeting to be held in BRISBANE on Sunday the 13th of May 2018. (For those who can’t make it, we propose to have the AGM live streaming on Facebook).
Members are also advised that the Returning Officer has now opened nominations for the National elected positions. A nomination form is attached and those nominating should refer to the current National Board Members - Roles & Responsibilities available also on the web site.
It is noted that this meeting and any election of office bearers is being held under the 2013 constitution which can be found on our web site.
All 2017/18 financial members are eligible to nominate and to vote in any consequent ballot, and to vote on any special motions at the National AGM.
Remember that your branch AGM’s will have already elected your State / Branch representatives to the National Board
National Board NOTICE OF NATIONAL AGM With Talk by Progressive Speaker (TBA) 4.30 pm, Sunday 13th May, 2018 Meeting
Room - UNITED VOICE Offices 27 Peel Street South Brisbane
1. Welcome: Retiring Chairman Tim Sonnreich
3. Ordinary Business a. Confirmation of the minutes of the previous AGM (2017)
b. Annual Reports
- Treasurer – Financial Statements for 2017.
c. Returning Officer’s (Max Dumais) Report 2018: Election of 2018 Officers
- Deputy Chairperson
- National Secretary
- National Membership Officer
- National Treasurer d. Authorise the ‘public officers’ reports to Consumer Affairs Victoria and ASIC .
e. Appointment of the Returning Officer for 2020.
4. Special Business Agenda items to be considered under Special Business should be advised to the National Secretary by no later than 27th April 2018.
5.00 PM Progressive Speaker (TBA) to speak
6.00 PM. Meeting closes – all attendees are welcome to Join us for a drink or dinner for a good time & chat with fellow Fabians.
Roger Byrne – National Secretary 14 March 2018
- May 13, 2018 at 4:30pm – 6:30pm
United Voice QLD - Ground Floor Conference Room.
27 Peel St
South Brisbbane, Qld 4000
Google map and directions
- 11 people are going