Do you have a flair for publications and content management, and enjoy ensuring that progressive ideas reach people?
The Australian Fabians are looking for a new Editor with a commitment to our Fabians aims.
The Editor will be responsible for building the publication reach, brand and online capacity of the Australian Fabians.
The role is voluntary, but does come with a budget to achieve and move the political debate in the country.
Responsibilities will include helping craft, execute and analyse the performance of email campaign plans and objectives; and mobilising members and supporters.
The Editor will work closely with the National Chair and Secretary, as well as the National Board and elected officers.
The Editor will co-convene the Fabians’ Progressive Research and Publications Network.
The position will have responsibility for developing high quality publications and communications, producing engaging content for members and supporters - including memes, online articles, essays and publications for the Fabians across Australia.
The Editor will be required to exercise appropriate judgement in relation to editorial decisions relating to copyright, royalty, defamation and privacy.
The Editor will be supported by our professional graphic designer/editor and the Fabians Webmaster.
The skills, knowledge and abilities for this position are:
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience using social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Experience using Nation Builder or similar
- Understanding of the practical application of copyright, royalty, defamation, and privacy laws and guidelines.
- Persuasive writing/editing skills and attention to detail with an ability to write for, and relate to, a diverse range of audiences.
- Ability to create quality content, including media releases, feature articles, professional articles, news stories, profile pieces, editorial comment, emails and blog posts.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and the initiative to work independently.
- Good judgement and a sense of humour.
- Previous experience of segmentation of email lists
- Relevant tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
Express and Interest:
Email your CV to Chair@fabian.org.au , attention Billy Colless (National Chair). Feel free to submit supporting documentation inclusive of links to articles and other work you have undertaken. Only applications by email are being considered.\