Do you have a flair for publications and content management, and enjoy ensuring that progressive ideas reach people?
The Australian Fabians are looking for a new Editor – Fabian Ideas, to produce and build our publication focus.
The Editor will be responsible for building the publication reach, brand and online capacity of the Australian Fabians.
The role is voluntary but does come with a budget to achieve and move the political debate in the country.
The Editor will work closely with the National Chair and Secretary, as well as the National Board and elected officers.
The Editor will convene and establish our Fabian Ideas – Editorial Committee.
The position will have responsibility for developing high quality publications and communications, producing engaging content for members and supporters - including memes, online articles, essays and publications for the Fabians across Australia.
The Role will:
- Responsible for building and implementing our publication strategy
- Provide National Leadership on our publication process, and support branches and the organisation to produce publications.
- Oversee our Equality E-Newsletter, Pamphlet and Essay and Online Article Production.
- Establish a National Publications Committee, to ensure members are the heart of what we do.
- Works on the National Executive and reports to the National Board (as required)
- Work with our Editor of the Fabian Review to coordinate and support projects
- Develop a proactive plan for producing Fabian Publications.
Skills for this Role:
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Experience using Nation Builder or similar
- Understanding of the practical application of copyright, royalty, defamation, and privacy laws and guidelines.
- Persuasive writing/editing skills and attention to detail with an ability to write for, and relate to, a diverse range of audiences.
- Ability to create quality content, including feature articles, professional articles, news stories, profile pieces, editorial comment, emails and blog posts.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and with our movement of members.
- Good judgement and a sense of humour.
Express an Interest:
Submit your EOI on the below form.
Applicants Must be a member of our organisation.