As preparation for a submission to the ALP Policy Platform review, we are planning three interactive workshops using an electronic meeting system to capture comments (Zing):
- skills and knowledge - February 15
- health and wellbeing - March 15
- jobs and economy - April 19
Each workshop will run from 6pm till 8pm at the Multicultural Hub, 506 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne directly opposite the Victoria Market.
Colin Brooks Chair of the ALP Policy Platform review committee will open the first session and brief us on the workings of the committee.
Gabrielle Williams, Parliamentary Secretary for Health will introduce the health and wellbeing session, and
Shuan Leane, Parliamentary Secretary for infrastructure for the session on Jobs and Economy.
The main emphasis in these workshops will be on strategic trajectory. What sort of society will reflect these key areas in 2030 and what policy initiatives need to be in the pipeline over the next decade to ensure we get there?
The opening question in each instance will be along these lines.
Workshop two: health and wellbeing – March 15
- Casting ahead to 2030 what are the main issues most likely to challenge each individual’s health condition and sense of wellbeing?
- What general underlying principles should form the basis for public policy settings to ensure fair and equitable policies regarding health and personal wellbeing in Australian society in coming decades?
- What enlightened and/or disruptive policy initiatives could form the basis for a society enjoying universal health and wellbeing?
- What specific recommendations would set the scene for a fair and equitable health and wellbeing policy platform that foreshadows those issues coming down the track?
It is essential to reserve your place so we can determine venue requirements. Please RSVP as soon as possible.
- March 15, 2017 at 6pm – 8pm
506 Elizabeth St
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Google map and directions